It's getting closer to that time of year. The end of the school year and the beginning of pool season for the City of Lubbock Pools. That also means it's time to hire people to staff the pools for this very seasonal job.
Of course the City of Lubbock is looking for lifeguards for the pools but there are other jobs as well for those out of school for the Summer or for those just looking for a extra job for a couple of months.
According to a press release from the City of Lubbock, the city is seeking applications from qualified individuals for the following jobs:
- Must be at least 16 years of age at time of hire and be American Red Cross certified in CPR, First Aid, and Lifeguarding
- Cashiers/Concession Staff
- Will serve and prepare food/beverages for the public
- Completion of the tenth grade or any combination of relevant education and experience is required
- Pool Laborers
- Must be at least 16 years of age at time of hire
- Will prepare and clean the four municipal swimming pools
You can apply for a job on the City of Lubbock's website. There will be a physical exam for all positions that are being hired, not just for lifeguard. For questions, you can call the City of Lubbock Parks and Recreation at 806-775-2688.
These jobs would be great for those who like to spend time outdoors and of course know how to swim and don't mind being out in the sun. The City of Lubbock also has a lot of other job openings that you can look at as well.