Blood Donors Needed as Hurricane Harvey Approaches
United Blood Services is sending out a call for area folks to donate blood ahead of Hurricane Harvey.
With the hurricane approaching the likely hood that coastal areas will be able to hold blood drives diminishes and those folks need all the help that we can give them.
From United Blood Services:
"Our hearts and prayers go out everyone in the storm’s path”, said Carla Alexander, Marketing & Communications Manager with United Blood Services, the non-profit community blood service provider for all of the Rio Grande Valley, West Texas and New Mexico. “As a unified blood provider, we want to ensure that blood is available to our neighbors in this time of need. If you are able, please consider donating blood.
Blood donors can donate at UBS at 48th and University, but they will also be holding mobile blood drives at the following locations:
Monday, August 28:
- Lowes Marketplace in Floydada from 3 p.m. until 6 p.m.
- United Supermarket in Slaton from 3:15 p.m. until 6:15 p.m.
Tuesday, August 29:
- United Supermarket in Plainview from 3 p.m. until 7 p.m.
- Walmart in Seminole from 3 p.m. until 7 p.m.
Wednesday, August 30:
- Vista Bank at 4621 50th in Lubbock from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m.
Thursday, August 31:
- City Hall in Abernathy from 3 p.m. until 6 p.m.
Friday, September 1:
- Lowes Marketplace in Crosbyton from 3 p.m. until 5:45 p.m.
For more information, you can go to bloodhero.com.