Tide Cleaners Offering Free Laundry Service to COVID-19 Front-Line Responders in Lubbock
Tide Cleaners (4511 98th Street & 4404 19th Street B in Lubbock) has launched an incredible free service for front-line responders, which is wonderful in more ways than one.
This includes "paramedics, doctors, nurses, hospital and medical staff, medical researchers, police officers, fire fighters," as well as the "immediate family defined as next of kin (e.g. share same household / address)."
Not only will it save our tireless heroes from the chore of laundry, but it will also ensure that their clothes are hygienic for everyone's safety. You can visit their website for more information.
Here are the details from Tide Cleaners:
— Tide Cleaners will provide free laundry services to medical personnel, police officers and firefighters at all Tide Cleaners locations in the Lubbock area. Tide Cleaners businesses are locally owned and operated in the Lubbock community. In an uncertain time, Tide Cleaners hopes to provide the certainty of clean clothes to the community in an effort to help those that help us.
Lubbock medical personnel, police officers, firefighters and their immediate family can locate a nearby Tide Cleaners and get their personal clothes washed for free beginning today. Storefronts can wash items like jeans, shorts and tee-shirts as well as socks and undergarments. Tide Cleaners believes in the importance of life over laundry. With front-line responders focused on saving lives and providing much-needed care for those in our community, that is more true now than ever before.
The process is easy for Lubbock-area front-line responders and their immediate family members: ● Visit Hope.TideCleaners.com to find out more about the service and find the nearest Tide Cleaners.
● Pack up your dirty laundry and either drive to your nearest Tide Cleaners storefront or request home service pick-up at participating locations. Verify that you are a front-line responder with badges or a valid form of identification. Must have a photo ID or picture of it if you’re a family member who is bringing it on their behalf. Please share through closed window or text message image to a Guest Services Representative. Please feel free to include a copy of your form of identification in the bag as well.
● You can use Tide Cleaners services the following ways:
o 24/7 Access – Use our drop box for drop-off and our kiosks for pick-up anytime, day or night
o Drive-Thru & Carside Valet – Stay in your car and one of our service representatives will assist you for pick-up, drop-off and order payment
o Delivery to Home – At participating locations
o Lobby – We utilize bins to help minimize person to person contact. If you visit our lobby, please practice CDC guidance and maintain safe distance from employees and other guests
● Our stores continue to have high standards for hygiene and sanitation. We have increased the frequency of cleaning our stores, countertops and other surfaces as precautionary measures. We’ve increased the frequency of employees washing their hands with soap and water and drying their hands with paper towels. Additionally, we use rubber gloves to handle garments. We are continuing to follow guidelines and recommendations set in place by the World Health Organization (WHO) and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) for all Tide Cleaners locations and we will continue to update our proactive response plan accordingly.
● At Tide Cleaners, we are committed to using an extensive cleaning process for all garments to ensure an effective and professional clean. Our dry-cleaning process involves high temperatures and uses environmentally friendly technology. We have scientists working around the clock to ensure our guests receive a thorough clean on all garments that are brought to Tide Cleaners.
● To set up a partnership with a local hospital, fire department, police station or front-line responder organization, please visit Hope.TideCleaners.com for contact information.
Front-line responders eligible for free services include paramedics, doctors, nurses, hospital and medical staff, medical researchers, police officers and firefighters. Immediate family include next of kin or individuals that share the same household address. Free laundry services are available for up to four bags per household per week until May 9, 2020. Tide Cleaners will continue to evaluate the duration of this service and best ways to lighten the load. When Tide Cleaners reaches capacity for the day, we will let guests know that we are unable to accept any further loads that day and they can return the following day to have their laundry done. COVID-19 exposed clothing, clothing worn while treating patients, leathers, comforters and wedding dresses are not eligible. Free laundry services exclude Tide Cleaners locker locations.