Here’s What a Lubbock Bar Reopening as a Restaurant Looks Like
The Library Bar, an epic Depot District destination, has now reopened as a restaurant with a new look, a great menu, and some important precautions in place to keep us safe.
Several Lubbock bars have now been able to reopen. We wanted to find out just what it meant to make the transition and we're glad we had the opportunity to see how The Library Bar has come through the coronavirus pandemic.
The new look is stellar and the new menu is unstoppable. You can eat it all night long. Package deal bar-top specials help to add some of these tasty menu items to your drink order automatically, allowing for that all important food sale and drink balance.
Enjoy your choice of chips and salsa, chips and queso or an appetizer with your beer, all for one very reasonable price.
General Manager Justin Sherman told us they were closed down for 87 days due to the pandemic. "We're just really happy to be back and serving people, that's the big thing. We want to serve the community," Sherman said.
"We redid the floors, which was much needed, it's been 20 years in the making," he added. Sherman explained that yes they were back but they were not back to the old normal.
Here's what you can expect:
- "You have to have a mask when you walk in, we check you at the front door with a thermometer to make sure, if you're at 100 you don't get in."
- "We have two little stations you can order right at the bar, you have to have a mask on while you order, you can take it off once you have a drink on your hand. It's 50 percent, half of what the Library used to be. So we've got our tables all spread out. You are allowed to play games (pool, etc.) in groups of 10 or less."
- The patio is open and renovated as well and there will be live music.
- You simply scan the QR code to get the menu, so everything is digital.
- "Safety does come first, and we need to make sure you grab a seat. After you come in with your mask on, you're seated. We have the QR codes so you don't have to worry about touching menus."
The Library Bar is on top of this in the best and safest way possible. They're hoping to bring in folks looking for good food and fun times.
Congratulations to The Library Bar, The Garden, Jake's Backroom, the Lantern, and all the other Lubbock bars who have made the transition to "restaurant" and safely reopened.