A Pop Up Fresh Food Pantry Is Coming to Lubbock for Folks in Need
The City of Lubbock, along with the South Plains Food Bank, Cactus Cares, local ag groups, Texas Tech University, Hillside Christian Church and others, are hosting a fresh food pantry pop up for the first 2,000 vehicles.
The event happens on Saturday, June 13th, 2020 from 9 a.m until 2 p.m., or until supplies run out. The event will be held in the west parking lot at Texas Tech University's Jones AT&T Stadium.
Here's the how-to:
· Enter Texas Tech Jones AT&T Stadium parking lot using the University exit off of Marsha Sharp Freeway, then turn right onto Drive of Champions
· Packs will only be provided to recipients in a vehicle. No foot or bicycle traffic allowed.
· 2,000 food packs will be given on a first-come, first-serve basis.
· Limit one pack per vehicle.
· No verification required to receive food
I have to shout out the groups that donated food as well. These are all local/regional folks taking care of their neighbors during a time of food insecurity the likes of which I've never seen in my lifetime.
Bags of apples, bananas, and reusable bags – donated by United Supermarkets
Cheese blocks – donated by Hilmar Cheese Company, Inc. Eggs – donated by Cal-Maine Foods
Flour – donated by Plains Milling and Texas Wheat Producers
Lentil dried soup – donated by Breedlove
Milk – donated by Sarah Farms
Ground beef – donated by Cactus Cares, Texas Tech University Meat Science and Raider Red Meats
Potatoes – donated by Larsen Farms
Produce boxes – donated by South Plains Food Bank
Thank you, Lubbock, for once again making me proud of my hometown.