This is one of those stories you really need to see to believe. So it's a good thing we've got photographic proof.

Over the weekend, a Lubbock baby was on the loose in a living room while his parents were hanging some photos on the wall. "[The nail] was in a cup on a side table, because we had our living room painted," explained the baby's father, adding: "We were in the process of putting back up our wall decorations."

OK, so it wasn't a rusty nail in an alleyway. Good news?

The dad continued: "The little sneak just started pulling up, so he pulled up, grabbed the cup, and spilled all the nails." Dang, babies! "We got all of [the nails]. Except the one, obviously." I'll say!

After a scary night in the Emergency Room and an X-ray that will last forever, the baby shot the nail into his diaper like a Hitachi Nail Gun.

This is a bit of good news-bad news scenario for parents, right? Bad news: Your son just ate a nail. Good news: Your son has the belly of a demigod and can eat lightning and crap thunder...or nails.

Chances are, if you're a parent you've had an experience like this. Kids are AMAZING at finding unique ways of getting into danger. My stepson once got a quarter lodged into his windpipe (don't ask me why, because I don't know). Luckily, I learned the getting it from my dad as a kid.

The worst thing that ended up happening was the quarter flew out, along with puke, onto our chihuahua, Pickles.

Good thing kids tend to bounce, right?

More From 1025 KISS FM