Lubbock School Bus Catches Fire at Clapp Park
A Lubbock school bus with no children on board caught fire and was shut down and smoking at 42nd and Avenue U, in front of Clapp Park Thursday afternoon (February 27th, 2020).
Lubbock Fire Rescue's Public Information Officer told us an electrical short under the hood caused the fire. First responders were able to open the hood and put out the fire without incident. He also confirmed that there were no injuries reported.
We were told the bus was on its way for end-of-day school pick up when this happened. Firefighters were in action at the scene dousing the fire, and smoke was still in the air when we arrived. There was no further comment at the scene.
We're grateful to learn that no one was hurt and there were no school children or passengers on board.