The Silent Wings Museum Is Having A Veteran’s Day Celebration This Friday
With everything else going on I almost forgot that Friday is Veteran's Day. Well it is. And Lubbock's Silent Wings Museum is having a celebration.
10:00am - Museum opens to public with free admission all day.
11:00am - Morning Ceremony
- Presentation of Colors
- Reading of the Presidential Proclamation by Lubbock Mayor Dan Pope
- Playing of Taps by Jerry Serrano
- Patriotic musical performance by the choirs of All Saints Episcopal School
5:30pm - Free Swing Dance Lessons
- Come to the Hangar Gallery and brush up on your dance steps with professional dance instructors before the big band starts!
- Lessons are free to the public and open to all ages.
6:30pm - Evening Events
- Concert and dance, featuring the big band sounds of Finessence, with a full brass horn section and dynamic vocal performers.
- Free hors d'oeuvres
- Cash bar
- Concert is free to the public and open to all ages